Thursday, January 17, 2008

Assingment #7 Unti 1

From reading this document about duties of husbands and wives in the colonies, I learned mainly that husbands rule their wives. It was said that husbands must love their wives as well as the wives love their husband. Well like I said it mainly talks about how wives have to listen to everything the husbands say, but it is not a unfair thing. The reason is because the husband no matter how much power they have over the wives they are still loving and caring. It surprised me about how they believe that when they disagree to love each other they are doing the devil's work. I strongly disbelieve that if you disagree to love someone you are doing the devil's work. This is beacuse yourself or no one can force you to love someone you don't love. What is different between our time and their's is that we as women don't let a man rule us. Well as in for myself, because I feel like we can't always depend on the husband because their might be one day were you will be alone and then who will you depend on? What I think is the same between the two time periods, is that a husband and wife should help one another in the times of needs. Also how they will be their in times of bad health, illness, and etc. I feel like the times have change since now things aren't about

1 comment:

carrie said...

Thorough post. I agree with your sentiments. This statement is hard to swallow but true: "I feel like we can't always depend on the husband because their might be one day were you will be alone and then who will you depend on?"

Well written overall. Only a few small errors that I can help you correct for maximum points. Did you mean to leave the last sentence like that? As is you earned 27/30 points.